- We advise you come early (15 minutes) before the lesson so you have enough time to change yourself and your baby without any pressure or rush.
- All babies and toddlers have to wear a swim nappy if they are under 3 years of age or until they are fully toilet trained. Swim nappies are available in most supermarkets or bigger shops and include brands like Little Swimmers and Huggies, etc.
- Babies and toddlers must wear a swim suit or swimming togs over their swim nappy.
- For babies aged 4 months and under we recommend the wearing of a wetsuit or baby snug (“warm-in-one”) as babies of that young age can drop in body temperature very quickly and the extra heat makes them feel more comfortable in the water. You can order these from www.splashabout.com
Different colours and designs are available and from experience we recommend one size bigger.
- One parent or guardian must participate in the group sessions with each baby or toddler. Due to current restrictons, only 1 parent + child are allowed to take part in the sessions. In private sessions, the parent or guardian may be asked to join their little one in the water to give extra confidence and support until they are familiar with new environment and instructor. After that, parent is not needed to accompany the child in the water and instructor will work the baby on a 1-1 basis.
- The parent or guardian does not need to be able to swim and just needs to support their baby or toddler during the lesson.
- If there is any exercise you don’t feel confident with please let the instructor know and she/he will adjust the exercise for you.
- Please inform your swimming instructor if a participant (either parent/guardian or baby/toddler) has any medical condition that may be relevant to the swimming lessons.
- Please bring your own towel and all the toiletries you need for yourself and your baby/toddler.
- Flip flops or pool shoes are highly recommended for parents/guardians as well as for toddlers who are walking comfortably.
- We recommend that parents/guardians wear a t-shirt for their baby/toddler to hold onto during the swimming lessons.
- As a guide we recommend trying to feed your baby 60 – 90 minutes prior to the lesson. Toddlers who are on solid food, can be fed 90 mins prior to the lesson. The exception is very tiny babies (under 5 months) who are feeding regularly, and they can be given some milk 30 minutes before starting their baby swimming lessons to ensure that they are settled and ready to go.
- Babies and toddlers can get very hungry after swimming so be prepared to feed them or give them a snack after the lesson.
- All parents/guardians must wear a Swim Max swimming hat while in the pool with their baby/toddler. Your first hat will be provided free of charge on your first day here in Swim Max. You can choose between a Silicone Hat and a Cotton Hat. This Hat will be your uniform while you attend Swim Max lessons. If you lose or damage or forget your Hat you will need to purchase another Hat at reception. The cloth hat is €3 and the Silicon hat is €5.